This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Sunday, October 28, 2007

As a wife I think I worry too much – right? Or so it was confirmed again last night. Living with Curt as a helicopter pilot has been tense at times. In the Army he flew border patrol between unfriendly countries, at Fort Rucker and Pensacola he put his life in the hands of students everyday as an Instructor Pilot and proceeded that with 12 years of flying search and rescue and drug interdiction for the Coast Guard. I remember him telling me of one drug bust down in the Caribbean and I said flippantly, “That sounds like Miami Vice”. He said, “That’s what it’s like except they have guns and we don’t.” My response – OK, I can’t handle anymore stories! With time, the nightmares I had began to subside. Then out of nowhere came another one last night. Curt had called around midnight and said the helicopter had maintenance problems and he’d be late getting back to Halo. I don’t know about you, but I don’t even like driving my car when it has maintenance problems. I guess that’s what I went to bed thinking – bad thinking on my part. Although I didn’t sleep well – Curt did make it home safe and sound this morning. However, he’s back at work and on his way to San Antonio to deliver a patient. I’m not going to think about all those stories and what can go wrong tonight – no, no – I’m just going to think about how he helps people in need. That he certainly does! Click here to see a little video of how Halo helps people daily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment