Monday, October 22, 2007
Felt Like Fall!
What an awesome weekend in Pennsylvania! The retreat was incredible. I fell in love with the ladies and it was so hard to leave my new friends. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We stayed at Camp Judson right on Lake Erie. If I tried to describe how beautiful this place was I could not do it justice. Laura and I arrived there Friday just in time to begin the weekend. (She said traveling with me was like traveling with Jerry Lewis -- I'm not quite sure what to make of that? ha) I went to bed that night around 11pm. It was so relaxing as I laid there all snuggled in bed with the window open. I fell asleep listening to the waves lap up against the shore of Lake Erie as the orange, red, brown, and green leaves rustled in the wind. It was around 75 during the day and 50's at night, definitely a nice break from the 90 degree weather in Corpus. Saturday was just as gorgeous. It was predicted to rain all day, but God blessed us with absolutely incredible weather. The day was filled with encouragement; as we shared, laughed and got to know one another even better. As we left the camp that night, I knew I was leaving precious new friends behind. I am so thankful for our modern conveniences of cell phones, computers and the web – I hope we can use these to stay in touch. I arrived home Sunday night around 11pm and I do have to say – it was a great feeling to be back with family!! To my prayer partners -- thanks for the prayers. God worked in wonderful ways. I’ll try to upload some PA pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment