This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

The thought of speaking has been rolling around in my head this week as I prepare for a conference in Pennsylvania. It just makes me giggle that God would use me in this way. I rejoice in the fact that somehow He actually got me to this point. I can remember back to school days and speaking anything in front of people was something I feared with all my shaking body. Now, put me up with a team of cheerleaders and I was good to go. But to speak with everyone looking at you – no way, not me!!! I’m so thankful God didn’t listen to me. Funny, he didn’t listen to Moses either!

In my devotional time this morning, I was convicted once more by the responsibility we have over our words and how we speak. 1 Timothy 1:5 “The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.” Dear Lord, let me speak only Your truths and forget the meaningless chatter. Keep my heart pure, my conscience clear, and my faith sincere. AMEN!!!

On a lighter note: Pennsylvania is COLD! Last January I did 4 degree weather in Indianapolis without a heavy coat. Can you say BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR? People there thought I was nuts. I just said “Hey, I’m from South Texas!” I’m prepared this time - I’ve got a coat and boots. Oh WOW, my heart is pounding. Can’t wait to see Lake Erie. Can’t wait to meet these awesome ladies. Can’t wait to be there. And most of all – I can’t wait to see what God has in store!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment