I have to admit I’m one of those crazy ones who get up to make the 5am sales the morning after Thanksgiving. I didn’t use to be that way – I waited to avoid those crazy people. But 8 years ago I joined my cousins on their three day shopping spree to conquer our Christmas lists. We leave Thanksgiving evening and head to San Antonio and begin the spree at Garden Ridge Pottery. It’s late to bed and then early to rise for the 5am Wal-Mart adventure. This has been the tradition for years now. But this year, we decided traditions could change. Not needing anything from the 5am sale rack we slept in and moseyed out around 9am. I have to admit this change in tradition was most welcomed. We had a wonderful weekend and actually got some sleep. I look forward to our shopping adventure next year. We’ve been through a lot together and it is wonderful to know these gals are always there. Our shopping trip is a tradition, adventure, joy and a precious way to begin the holiday season. Fa la la la la!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Always an Adventure
I have to admit I’m one of those crazy ones who get up to make the 5am sales the morning after Thanksgiving. I didn’t use to be that way – I waited to avoid those crazy people. But 8 years ago I joined my cousins on their three day shopping spree to conquer our Christmas lists. We leave Thanksgiving evening and head to San Antonio and begin the spree at Garden Ridge Pottery. It’s late to bed and then early to rise for the 5am Wal-Mart adventure. This has been the tradition for years now. But this year, we decided traditions could change. Not needing anything from the 5am sale rack we slept in and moseyed out around 9am. I have to admit this change in tradition was most welcomed. We had a wonderful weekend and actually got some sleep. I look forward to our shopping adventure next year. We’ve been through a lot together and it is wonderful to know these gals are always there. Our shopping trip is a tradition, adventure, joy and a precious way to begin the holiday season. Fa la la la la!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
hahaha i love all these crazy ladies!! including you!!
XOXO ~Courtney
Post a Comment