Reminder: Any comments you leave between March 7-14th will enter you into a random drawing for two Bible study workbooks, Dirty Laundry Secrets, written by me. Hop on over to Makeover Monday’s for another free gift drawing.
What makes this tattoo special to me is that Blake designed it. Each symbol and color has an awesome meaning. I had him write me a paragraph about his tattoo and what it meant to him. He thought I was nuts! OK – I am. That’s a mommy’s privilege, right?
The tattoo has very significant meanings to Blake. He wanted to be permanently marked with Christ, just as Christ was marked for him. The cross is outlined and shaded in blue, which stands for loyalty. The Hebrew word in the middle means servant. WOW!
Thanks for popping in and out today and lifting my spirits as I’m dealing with my son growing up. I think he is well on his way to being a man; a Christian man, a Christian leader, and a man after God’s own heart.
I’m just a sappy, sentimental mom facing the facts today. Sad to realize my son is growing into a man, but thank you Jesus for the man he is becoming.
Party on, my friend, party on!







19 comments:
that is a special tattoo. They aren't something I particularly like, but that one is nice. Love what it means as well.
So glad you stopped by to visit me -- it's great to meet you!
I love the thought your son put into his tattoo! So great to hear of a young man seeking God.
Enjoy the party!
I am a sappy sentimental mom too. I drive my children all crazy. My son, now 27 has 3 or is it 4 tattoos now. The first one was tough though. All of his are related to his walk with God too. But why do they have to use their bodies as billboard???
I just keep reminding myself it is the eternal stuff that really matters. The tattoos don't make it to heaven, just their souls ;]
It is nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I love that Tatoo. I know you are a proud Mom.
Wow what a sweet story, you must be so proud of your son. I love the thought and meaning that was put into his tattoo. So nice to "meet" you, that you for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a nice party.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.
And WOW, you are an pretty cool mom for letting your son get a tattoo. :-)
Hi Alene. So have you gotten over your son's tattoo now?
Hi Alene - it's great to meet you. I love your blog and will be back to read more!
I love the meaning of his tattoo!
~Lisa, TheScrapPrincess
Oh my goodness. My 7 yr. old boy is already talking about getting a tattoo when he gets older. I tried to get him to promise me that he wouldn't, which he wouldn't do. So then I asked him if he would pray about it before he got one, and that he did promise to do.
If he gets one like your son's, I'll be ok with that!
Thanks for sharing and showing that no matter how old they are, we still get sentimental!
Thanks for stopping by my blog party! Looks like yours is a huge success too!
I love your latest post about living w/ purpose - I love check lists too!
Thanks for all your wonderful, supportive comments. M - yes, I've gotten over it. More than the shock of the tattoo was the realization that this kid is a man now! That's a good thing - just hard for a mommy to let go. Y'all keep in touch -- I just love sappy, sentimental moms!
What a good boy.
I know 18 is a long way from little-boy-land, but we mommmyfolk know that every time you see your child in the present, you also see through them all the way back to those ages and stages down to the first moment you met them.
And looking at your son, hearing his amazing reasons for getting inked, I can tell he's a good boy.
Which must mean he has one great mom!
Thanks for stopping by Writer-Mommy!
Hi Alene,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I have to tell you something ... I've sat here reading your blog and I'm so amazed at what I'm reading. I could be writing it!
Furthermore, my Joey is on fire for Lord and is going to be a minister. He too got a tattoo (which I didn't want him too) for God. I love the meaning behind the tattoo ... I just didn't want a tattoo. Joey is preaching in the streets of downtown St. Louis because he knows that's where God wants him. I worry. I'm Mom, but I'm so proud of him.
It's good to meet you and is it okay to add you to my favorites list?
Tanya
that is really awsome... and such a great testimony tool for him
Okay, so you've gotten over his tattoo now! Do you think faith related ones can be an effective way of starting conversations? has he told you about any? do you like the idea? Take care.
Good morning to all. M - can you email me at alene@alenesnodgrass.com? Loving your questions, but I don't have nice tidy answers. Give me a shout when you get a chance. Blessings.
Alene,
I sent you a couple of emails: thanks for your first comments. Really, I do think that the implications of faith related tattooing are gradually sinking in with you, right?
Take care.
I am very proud of blake and the christian man he is, and is becoming..last time i was in town when me and seth wento to bay area on sunday to watch blake, i ended up having to leave the room b/c i started crying so hard, just seeing him all grown up and the way he is growing up, makes an older sister happy and not worried, but at the same time i miss the old little hyper high pitched blakey poozers!!
~Courtney
So cool!
Although the thought of losing his little baby arm totally pulled at my heartstrings!
Post a Comment