This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Saturday, April 12, 2008

Waiting

Have you ever just sat and waited for an important email or message from a friend? You knew it was coming. She had called and said she had just sent it. So, you wait, and wait, and wait . . . and still nothing.

Cyberspace? Do you ever wonder what goes on out there?

I experienced the above scenario this week. I couldn’t wait any longer so; I finally called and politely asked this friend to resend the email. I didn’t have time for this. I needed that document now!

I am so use to things happening instantaneously these days. That really makes it hard. I want quick answers back on emails, I want quick results when dieting, and I certainly need quick answers to prayers.

The email that got hung up this week got me to thinking about my prayer life. I send up prayers. I know they are heard because God promises that. But because I am so use to this fast-paced, quick results world I expect the answers from God to be just that immediate and clear. Some days I’m left feeling like my prayers are left swirling around in cyberspace.

I know I’m to be still and wait patiently.

Goodness, why is waiting so hard?

2 comments:

Nadine

Waiting is hard. You're right in this world of instant everything, waiting is something we don't practice.

Anonymous

I feel the same way right now. God, show me the answer! Right now! In MY time, MY way!

And He doesn't :) Ugh!

Or maybe He is, but I'm not being still enough to hear Him.

Post a Comment