This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Friday, May 16, 2008

Focus that's Blurry

Staying focused is hard work.

Visiting with my accountability partners this week I mentioned I wasn't sure if I’m in focus or out of focus. Crazy question, I know! They each said I was in focus. These gals are great at seeing what I do not see.

However, if I’m focused, why do things seem so blurry?

I’ve been mulling that question over for a few days trying to figure out why I feel this blur. What I’ve realized is I want to be extremely focused in one particular area. After all, isn’t that what focus is?

But that’s not life. We’ve heard it said over and over that life is a balancing act. So, can someone tell me how to balance it then? Am I really supposed to keep all those plates (responsibilities) spinning and balanced every day?

I’ve decided not. If I were balancing every single responsibility every day nothing could have 100 percent from me. There wouldn’t be enough time nor would I have enough energy.

However, I can take one responsibility at a time and give it my all. That doesn’t mean I’m out of focus, it means aside from giving God my all this is what I choose today to give 100 percent.

It might seem blurry, but it’s not.

Last week I was focused on writing and speaking. I had opportunity to take a whole day and spend it solely in God’s Word focused on Him. Then this week I’ve been focused on graduation, all its festivities and spending time with the kids. Friday’s focus is spending time with my hubby.

Does that constitute focus? Not sure, but for me focusing one day at a time, one responsibility at a time works. I don’t want to become so focused on the future that I quit living in the moment, enjoying family, friends, hubby and everything that truly matters.

Check out the song by Point of Grace, “How You Live”, for a beautiful reminder of what precious moments make up our days.



I’m amazed at how life can seem blurry, but actually be quite focused.

3 comments:

connie

Alene,
I understand that it seems that things our blurry, even when you are doing all the right things... I really have to get after my self at times, to get things back in to focus...
I will keep you in my prayers...
Connie
GBU

Joyfulsister

I love this song and video as well, especially when I was going through my chemo this song helped me to stay focused on what was most important in my life, my God, Family, and life. it's awesome to know that he is in all things that matter in our lives. Thanks for sharing this ..
Hugz Lorie

DA Wagners

This post has been such a help for me. It's hard for me not to look around and feel overwhelmed by all the small to-dos that are building up. I want to be able focus on one task 100% and not stress about the rest.

Post a Comment