This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Sunday, May 25, 2008

Makeover Monday's

I have to admit that I took this test.

I swore the last time I took a personality test, I wouldn’t take anymore. I have taken almost every test out there and I'm still the same ol' me. But a friend sent me this link and I just HAD to take it. I couldn't resist!

In case you are wondering, I'm still the same me. Shucks - I so wanted to be something or someone different. Remember Popeye's catchphrase "I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam?" Yes, I am what I am, by the grace of God. You are who you are, by the grace of God.

However, like me, are you left wanting something different, something you don’t have? Maybe you wish for someone else’s personality, clothes, house, job, ministry or attitude.

What I'm learning through this process is that wanting what I do not have leaves me empty every time.

Paul learned how to be content with his circumstances, his past, his finances, his ministry and his personality. Philippians 4 The Message puts it this way:


I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.



Lord, make me over today. Let me be content with my past, my present and all that I am. In You, I yam what I yam. Amen.


7 comments:

Nadine

No truer words have been spoken. Be content in who we are and what we have - could it be that simple?

Joyfulsister

LOL aww I loved watching Popeye *smile*.. sometimes I think the Lord kinda giggles at us as we take those tests and says.. there goes my daughter again... don't you know I made you just as you are, one of as kind,a very precious child of mine that brings me such delight. what an awesome father we serve... Hugz

Marilyn in Mississippi

Oh, you could be describing me! Seems like I am always wanting to be something different than I am! I look at people with the strengths that I don't have and want so bad to be like that. But then I look at my strengths and they don't have those. So....I'm trying to learn to use what I have to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the comments today.

Marilyn in MS

DA Wagners

I love it! I'm learning to be how God designed me, and I'm finding that I'm quite weird, but that's okay. People need to hear the Gospel from all kinds, right?!

Shonda

Very good! We're created to be who HE wants us to be. I need that this morning. I am me because HE created me. Thanks.
Blessings in Christ-

Anonymous

Great message, Alene! And very easy to forget after watching enough HGTV (home designing shows) or TLC (What Not To Wear) all those shows just show me everything I DON'T have and try to make me feel like I NEED it.

connie

Yes we are what we are and we are where he wants us to be...
Connie
GBU

Post a Comment