This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Tuesday, May 6, 2008

ONE Mother's Day

I’ve been reflecting on Mother’s Day this week as I’ve been asked to share a short message at my church this Sunday. My praying friends, I would treasure your prayers.

I hate to admit it, but I don't vividly remember very many Mother’s Days . I think most of them I tried to block out of my mind. Seriously! When the kids were little, usually every Sunday and especially on Mother’s Day it seemed some kind of shouting match would occur before we left for church. Then once at church, walking into the sanctuary people would say, “Happy Mother’s Day” all cheery. I would just want to cry. I felt so unworthy, inadequate and totally like a horrible mom. I’d walk away thinking, if they only knew the “real” mom. Can you relate? Surely, I'm not the only one who experienced this craziness.

But there was ONE Mother’s Day that was outstanding. It was a day filled with a miracle. Literally a miracle! WOW! I still get goose bumps thinking about it. After my husband and I battled infertility for years, it was on Mother’s Day in 1987 that I found out I was pregnant. How awesome is our God?

I am still amazed of how gracious our God was and still is.

5 comments:

Joyfulsister

HI Alene.. {{{{ Hugz}}}} you might see my hug sign alot only because here in Hawaii we greet each other with a hug of Aloha ( Love) saying that it is always good to see you each time we meet..*smile.* I can relate to this post, I always had to remind myself I was doing the best I could as a Mom for I also at many times felt so unworthy. Dear sister I will be keeping you in prayer as you speak this Mother's Day sunday.. can you also keep me in prayer for I also have to speak at a Women's Tea for Mother's day this Saturday.. I get to travel to my hometown which is on the Big island of Hawaii, and take my Mom to the tea.
Alene.. Have A Happy Mother's Day my friend.

Nadine

That is a wonderful miracle.

Thanks for sharing your heart and being so transparent. You are not alone.

connie

Alene,
I so can relate to this, I have all ways felt like I was lacking as a mother, but my children have all ways told me that i'm a great Mom... So I just humble my self and thank them...
I will keep you in my prayres...
Connie
GBU

Anonymous

What a precious Mother's Day gift you received in 1987!

Shonda

I can relate to your dilemma. Some encouraged me to enter a mother's day writing contest. I couldnt think of what to write so I didnt enter. I know the Lord will equip you for Sunday. You have that ONE Mother's day to pull from. I pray more good memories will come to the surface.
He is amazing!!
Blessings in Christ--

Post a Comment