The thoughts were centered on Luke 11:9, “. . . seek, and you will find . . .” Oswald writes, “The more you fulfill yourself the less you will seek God. Seek (focus) and you will find.”
Interesting? I’ve never looked at seeking God as focusing on God. However, I know it takes incredible focus to seek and search out something. Curt use to fly for the Coast Guard and it required a determined focus to seek and search for those that had called in for help.
Tomorrow I’m going to the beach with our Mom Time group from church. While I could definitely fulfill myself on sunshine, water and friends, I’ll seek (focus) and enjoy His creations.
I’ll focus on the sunshine that warms my skin and praise God for summertime.
I’ll focus on the waves that lap up onto shore and praise God for the cool water.
I’ll focus on the children and their moms and praise God for these families.
I’ll focus on our sun glistened sandy bodies and praise God for our health.
I’ll focus on the friendships that have blossomed and praise God.
I’ll focus on my blessings and realize they are more numerous than the sand.
Yes, tomorrow I’ll focus!







5 comments:
It's hard to focus sometimes when there so many distractions, but it's so very important that we do.
Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks for stopping by my place!
Thanks for the reminder to focus...I know I don't do it enough.
I never really thought too much about "focus" until several years ago when I lost part of the sight in my right eye from histoplasymosis. The doctor that did my laser surgery said..."Wow! You are so 'lucky'! If this had been just fractions of an inch closer to the macular you would have never been able to focus on anything with this eye again!" (I assured him it was not 'luck' but blessings that I had!)
I'm sure you have seen pictures that have the camera focused on something up close and the things in the background are blurred....or vice versa. I think that's how I get sometimes. I focus on me (close up) and forget what I'm supposed to be doing for the rest of the world. Or, sometimes it's the opposite....I focus on the rest of the world and let myself get out of whack. Oh if I could only stay somewhere in the middle so that everything would be in "focus".
Thanks for this reminder today!
God bless,
Marilyn in MS
Alene,
Thank you for the reminder today...
YOu are in my prayers...
Connie
GBU
Hey Alene. I love the way you used this adventure in a way that once again brings glory unto the Lord.
What a reminder that we are all fishers of souls. I've never been on a boat, and I don't how being on one would affect me lol. Thanks for sharing your heart once again.. Hugz
Post a Comment