I have to admit I’m feeling all of the above. It’s only been 10 days since I signed off for a blogging break and within this time I’ve experienced joy and heartache.
My husband received his Masters of Science in Management last Friday. That was a great day. A huge goal accomplished. Yeah Hubby!!!
That day was followed by a phone call from my daughter who lives in Longview. She and her friends had been hit by a drunk driver. They are all alright – PRAISE GOD! However, she did suffer whiplash and is still bruised from the trauma of the accident.
My youngest daughter has been battling mono and today we find out from the ENT that she needs her tonsils out. They are so scarred they are harboring infections.
I say all that to say “that’s life.” You probably have just as much “life” happening in your world.
Life happens and I've realized why I feel overwhelmed, down and frazzled. I have forgotten to keep the most important – the most important. I haven’t been seeking Christ as I normally do. I’ve let the craziness of the season and life distract me.
I wrote a devotional Enjoy the Journey the beginning of December. The next day a friend, Jonathan Ibarra, sent me lyrics to a song he had written as part of that devotional brought clarity to his thoughts. Oh, I'd so easily forgotten the very words I had written.
Jonathan’s written lyrics have been turned into a beautiful song sung by Jackie Cole. I’ve listened to this song over and over this season. I surely need this reminder.
I want to be a wise (wo)men and seek Him even when all is NOT calm and bright.
If you’re distracted this season, I pray this song will cause you to seek HIM.
Listen: Wise Men Still Seek Him
Used with permission by Jonathan Ibarra, Jackie Cole. Copyright 2008
It’s an amazing time of year – Seek HIM!







1 comments:
That is all so true and the part that no matter what that he is always there for us even when we mess up. We all need to seek Him always thanks Jonathon for that.
Also, tell your daughters they are both going to be fine tonsils no big deal just ice-cream, popsiclees and all that soft stuff.
Both of my kids already did it.
see you soon.
MERRY CHRIST-Mas
Post a Comment