Recently, I was the Director for a three day retreat. The team met for four months preparing, praying, and practicing everything that was to take place during the retreat. The team was incredible – every woman had such love for our God.
I wanted something special that would commemorate our weekend together and decided to build a cross. Well, Hubby helped quite a bit. This cross will always be very special to me!
A little about this beautiful cross:

OK - the cross didn't start out as much. But you'll love it by the end. The team wrote their prayers for the weekend on the back of tiles.
(you can barely see them they are in pencil) I took the tiles and broke them into smaller pieces to build the cross. The tiles symbolize us: we are broken, different, a little rough around the edges and fragile.

Hubby built the wooden base. The wooden cross is Jesus as He is our foundation and every so sturdy. He is the one who holds us up continually.

I then plastered all the tiles onto the wooden base. Each tile special and unique. Each tile not much on its own, but together they form something beautiful.

Hubby begins to put the grout in. It's hard work to get the grout where it needs to be - in every crook and crevice. The grout is Jesus' blood and grace. Just as with building this cross, it is hard sometimes to let Jesus fill us to the very core. We fight it, don't we? And we begin to look like a big mess. But once we let Jesus in to our heart and soul we begin to be something new and beauitful.

I will post the finished cross soon. It is gorgeous! Something beautiful from the inside out.
Christ is beautiful - I'm amazed at how He sculpts our hearts daily into something beautiful!
If you know me, you'll also be amazed that I finished this project! hehehe
4 comments:
I want one to hang on my wall with my other crosses. Are you taking orders???
Leah
Beautiful work going on here. B
I can't wait to see the finished one! What an amazing and beautiful work of art.
What a wonderful project! A great idea for any woman's group. Please don't forget to post a picture of the finished product!
Marilyn
Post a Comment