This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, March 14, 2011

Life Verse

“She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed.” Proverbs 3:18
A couple of years ago, my daughter rushed into the kitchen with her Bible in hand and pronounced she had found her life verse. She began to read the verse from above. I was amazed she knew what a life verse was and that she had claimed one as her own.

It was a great mom an daughter moment as we discussed the verse, what it meant, and that the “she” in the scripture actually refers to wisdom. She said she wanted to live her life with those attributes of wisdom guiding her, because she wanted to be a "tree of life" to all around her.

I pray we may all have the same heart as that of my then 14 year old.  May we be reminded of a phenomenal way to live our lives -- being a tree of life to those around us as we cover them with encouragement, joy, and blessings.

Do you have a life verse? If so, I'd love to hear about it and how it guides your life?

Photobucket

1 comments:

Leah Adams

My life verses are:

Psalm 3: 3 and Romans 12: 1-2.

The first has to do with what God has done in my life in the past and the 2nd with what God is continually doing in my life and heart.

Leah

Post a Comment