What an awesome weekend! Our youth were involved in Ignition weekend. They spent their days at the church and in the evenings they were in host homes. I have to say, I had the best group! (Even though my DVD didn't work to record High School Musical 2, Darren, they still love me!)The high school girls were (pictured Amber, Nicole, Brittni, Erin, Rachel, Erin, and another Rachel - not shown). We had a ball and the youth were absolutely glowing at church this morning. God did amazing things.
Friday night I was listening in on their late night devotional and I was amazed at how I needed the lesson for my own life. Going off the car theme, thus Ignition, the devotional that night was talking about Neutral. Seems like such a neutral word, huh? But the lesson taught us what a waste neutral was. The car is running and all systems are functioning, but you absolutely go nowhere! WOW!
The girls read scriptures centered around Jesus not wanting us to be lukewarm (neutral). He'd prefer us to be red hot or stone cold. It finally hit me -- at least red hot and stone cold know their purpose. They know where they are going. Lukewarm, however, doesn't stand for anything! Doesn't go anywhere. Lukewarm just spends her wheels, with all her systems functioning and never really commits to a purpose.
I now plan to be more conscience of the days where all my systems are functioning full throttle and nothing seems to get done. Just maybe those days I'll find myself parked in neutral. Quite a sobbering thought!







0 comments:
Post a Comment