After having had one child graduate, I figured having the second graduate would be old hat! Well, this sentimental, sappy mom was wrong. Blake is now in his 4th week of his Senior year. We’ve been having some good conversations about life and growing up. But, every time he brings up college, I tell you, I get a little lump in my throat. I know we train our kids for such a time as this where they will be strong enough to leave home. But, do they really have to go?
Blake has spent years debating what to do with his life. He is extremely talented in so many areas. His love is music, but was that to be what he looked to for a career? Would that support a family? He enjoys engineering, architecture and drafting too and has always been creative in that area as well. In third grade he won a 1st place National Award from NASA for creating, drafting and designing a game to be played in space, Buzzer Ball. I think he has finally decided to focus on engineering for a career. He is checking out two colleges; A&M College Station and UTSA.
However, his passion is definitely music. He spent sometime this summer recording a couple of songs he has written. He has been with many bands and I have to say THIS is my favorite. I could listen to him play his acoustic guitar ALL DAY. He recorded these songs – every single part – all by himself. WOW!!! Click here to hear some of them.
He warmed my heart last night when he said he wanted to use these gifts and talents to praise the Lord! Now that is music to this mom’s ears!!! Hallelujah!!! I couldn’t help but thank God and sing praises of Psalm 150. Thank you Lord. Blake desires to praise YOU with his acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drums, bongos, Irish whistle, cello, harmonica, xylophone, tambourine and his mouth. Thank you God for Blake, his many talents and his desire to use them for You.
Blessings from the sappy, sentimental mom!!!
Blake has spent years debating what to do with his life. He is extremely talented in so many areas. His love is music, but was that to be what he looked to for a career? Would that support a family? He enjoys engineering, architecture and drafting too and has always been creative in that area as well. In third grade he won a 1st place National Award from NASA for creating, drafting and designing a game to be played in space, Buzzer Ball. I think he has finally decided to focus on engineering for a career. He is checking out two colleges; A&M College Station and UTSA.
However, his passion is definitely music. He spent sometime this summer recording a couple of songs he has written. He has been with many bands and I have to say THIS is my favorite. I could listen to him play his acoustic guitar ALL DAY. He recorded these songs – every single part – all by himself. WOW!!! Click here to hear some of them.
He warmed my heart last night when he said he wanted to use these gifts and talents to praise the Lord! Now that is music to this mom’s ears!!! Hallelujah!!! I couldn’t help but thank God and sing praises of Psalm 150. Thank you Lord. Blake desires to praise YOU with his acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drums, bongos, Irish whistle, cello, harmonica, xylophone, tambourine and his mouth. Thank you God for Blake, his many talents and his desire to use them for You.
Blessings from the sappy, sentimental mom!!!
Did I mention he skates & surfs too!!!







2 comments:
hey alene!! just need to throw in a little comment that blake should definitely come to A&M. it's so great here!! and if he wants to come take a visit or go to some classes sometime this year, let me know and i'll be glad to show him around. i also know tons of engineer majors that he could talk to. love the blog!! hope all is well!!
~mallory~
Mallory - thank you! Yes, A&M would be awesome. I'll let you know if he decides to take a trip up that way. We got the whole Aggie thing going and I tell you I can handle the SA part, not too sure about the UT. ha. You're the sweetest. Let me know when you come to town.
Post a Comment