This past year has been incredible; many ups, and of course, many downs. I spent some time looking back and I’m amazed at the lessons I’ve learned. My looking back on 2007 will prove valuable for goal-setting for 2008. If you haven’t taken time to look back on the last 12 months I challenge you to do so before the New Year rolls in. Here are some lessons I learned and in some cases – relearned.
1. When my children are hurt, 24/7 prayer is the only answer.
2. When God moves in my life, I can bet the evil one is lurking close by.
3. God does not call the equipped, He equips the called.
4. Stepping out of my comfort zone is scary, but very rewarding.
5. Rejection hurts, even if it isn’t personal.
6. Submit three times as many articles as I want to have published.
7. Acceptance is often about being at the right place at the right time.
8. Learn to take away objections before they are brought up.
9. Just step out and go where God leads, He’ll open doors.
10. It’s my responsibility to OBEY.
11. Twenty-five years of marriage flies by fast.
12. Write in family time on the calendar; kids grow up and move off too fast.
13. Having accountability partners is crucial to my growth.
14. Discerning my purpose helps me find my life balance.
15. I always learn more when teaching others.
16. I’ve got to see my goals daily to stay focused.
17. Being who I want to be is my responsibility.
18. Comparing myself to others is detrimental – I’m not them.
19. Breathe.
20. My days are out of balance if I don’t spend the first hour quietly with God.
21. I am my own message – always be myself.
22. Get over myself - it is not about me.
23. Take time to laugh and have fun.
24. Spend time Sunday afternoon planning the week ahead.
25. Set aside time for creativity, it refreshes my soul.
26. My husband is my biggest encourager.
27. Watch the movie “Hair Spray” if I need to perk myself up.
28. Avoid my favorite fruit – grapes – they mess up my blood sugar.
29. Customizing my life to glorify God is a daily challenge.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Hi there
Great share, thanks for your time
Post a Comment