This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, December 17, 2007

Still Learning to Be Me

You’d think after 45 years of living in your own skin you’d know yourself. This year has been a huge learning curve for me knowing myself. Some of it has been fun, exhilarating, and yet tedious. The other part of it has been – let’s say, unnerving. I know 1 Cor. 15:10 says “By the grace of God, I am what I am.” And some days I feel like “Green eggs and ham, it’s Sam I am.” However slow in my journey; I am learning who I am.

My prayer over the next couple of weeks is to get a clearer picture of who I am, my purpose and what I’m all about – inside and out – because you’ll never believe what is on my Christmas list. I found a lady who will create a “look” for me, not a physical look but a ministry look. She can design a web/blog and personal “look” just for me. OK – you can tell me I’ve gone nuts because I wonder myself. The writing and speaking classes I took this year all said your “look” is so important. It needs to be authentic, reflect your personality and be congruent with who you are. It’s taken me all year to get a somewhat clear picture of me, my personality, and my ministry. I've asked a gazillion times; who I am, what's my purpose, what do I have to share and what message do I want to leave others with? Some of those answers are becoming clearer. I’ve still got a long way to go, but at least I feel like I’m learning to be who God created me to be.

Whoever thought just being yourself could require so much energy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment