Who likes cold, rainy, dreary weather? I know there are some of you that do, to which I just don’t understand. For me – urgh! give me sunshine!!! As I left for Jackson, MS on Wednesday it was a very wintery day. I made it to the airport and got checked in and was very thankful to be out of the cold rain.
About 15,000 feet up from taking off from Corpus we broke out of the clouds on our way to Houston. I had a window seat and it was a treat. The sun was shining brightly as I gazed out and soaked in the warm rays. Descending into Houston minutes later, the dreary, grey mist was back. My sad face returned.
Boarding the plane for Jackson, I was cold. I think it was just the thought of knowing it was getting colder outside. I lucked out and got a window seat again. The pilot finally announced we were at 35,000 feet (a thought I don’t like to think about) and guess what? The sun was shining even brighter than what seemed before. I curled up in my window and felt like a little Cheshire cat basking in the sun. Any place to soak up rays will do for me!
Enjoying every moment of the sunshine, I thought about how much my life was like the ride I was on. While I was on the ground, looking at what I perceived to be the reality of the day, I was missing the big picture. The sun was still shining. The thought that Christ’s love shines brightly everyday, no matter what my circumstances kept ringing through my soul. It’s just some days it is hard to see because I am burdened by the cold, dreariness of life and can’t seem to get my eyes off myself.
The flight was a great visual lesson for me to remember to keep my eyes on Christ daily for that is where the sun (SON) shines forth no matter my circumstances.
It was an awesome trip. I love making new friends! These MS gals will be joining us for our online Bible study starting soon. Welcome aboard girls!
Stay tuned. I won through Rachel Olsen’s blog a spa pedicure kit from Dawn Ward. Rachel mentioned I might want to blog and share my pedicure with others. But first I have to tell you – you need to know the first of the story. You’ll soon see why this is such a treat for me.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment