This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Party Is Over or Is It?

The weekend with Courtney was incredible. We partied, we laughed, and we shared a Chinese birthday. I made Chinese (from scratch – thank you very much) and wrapped eggrolls while Curt and the girls made up fortunes for everyone. We typed up our fortunes and rolled them up with chopsticks in fanciful birthday napkins. It was the hit at the party. I admit the party ended way too soon.

A friend said yesterday she hated to ask me how I was doing since Courtney had to leave. But she could have asked, because I’m doing fine. I’ve got another party to go to. This party I am so excited about. I don’t know the guests, yet. I have no clue where it will be. But I do know one thing for certain – Jesus will be there.

As I head to Jackson, MS to speak to the Brown Bag Bible Buddies, I know I am headed to another party. We will eat together, we will share laughter and encouragement, but most importantly we will share Christ’s love.

Sharing Christ’s love should be a party we enter into everyday. As I speak about, “Our Secret Lives”, please pray with me that each of us there realizes it is those secrets, those things that keep us focused on ourselves that keep us from enjoying the party. The joy in our everyday life is greatly hampered when our heart is far from God.

Let’s stay focused on the true Joy-giver and . . .
Let the Party Begin!!

Chinese proverb by Lindsey (14): “He who works in the highest building has the best view.”

Chinese proverb by Courtney herself: “He who throws dirt should grow up!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment