This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, January 7, 2008

My Baby is 20!

My baby is 20! I received an email this morning that said, “Happy 20th Anniversary of the day you became a mother!” That seems unreal. It has been a weird (I’m calling it weird to stay away from the word sad! Tear, tear.) day, too. Courtney wasn’t here for me to wake her up and tell her Happy Birthday. There was no big birthday meal to plan. No cake to bake. No wrapping. It was just a plain weird day. However, I can’t wait until our 20 year old daughter will be home this weekend. Can’t wait!

My mind wonders to what the father of the prodigal son must have experienced in Luke 15. His son was lost and a long way off when he saw him coming home. The father’s heart was pounding while he ran to meet his son. He embraced him and kissed him. He was shouting, “We are going to have a party! We are going to have a great time! My son is home.”

The jubilation that father must have felt is probably beyond words. Thankfully, Courtney isn’t lost. Praise God! She’s just 8 hours away from home. As for this mom, you can bet we will party Saturday. We will have the best birthday meal, cake and time together. She's worth that and much more. Courtney, you are a miracle sent from God 20 years ago today. Happy birthday, girl!

NSL

2 comments:

Kristen Reyna

Happy 20th Courtney! Hope we get the chance to see you this weekend!

Alene, I hope you'll teach me how to wear big girl panties when Ellen gets to be 20. You're such an inspiration to me. Thanks for the example you set!

DeeDee

Hey Alene! I can totally relate...my baby turns 19 in just a few days! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Hop over anytime!

Post a Comment