I sit here tonight with mixed emotions. Tomorrow I take Blake to UTSA and leave him for an overnighter. I must be crazy. Hubby keeps reminding me, he is 18, after all! Anyways, Blake will get to ask all those questions he has and get familiar with the campus. He is excited, he is ready, but mom . . . she’s sad. :(
Days are passing too fast. Tomorrow is Leap Day, ALREADY! Twenty-four extra hours, what to do?
If you were with me back at the end of the year, I had focus. My motto for 2008 was going to be “no sloppy living.” I think in some areas I’ve succeeded, but in a few I have failed terribly. Urgh – terribly!
Tomorrow, Leap Day, as Lindsey and I drop Blake off at UTSA we will head to a resort for 24 hours of quiet, reflective time. We’ve been book shopping the past few days and she is stocked up. Lindsey will be reading “Princess Diaries” and I’ll be reviewing my 2008 goals. I will finish working through Chazown, a book my friend Kristen recommended.
I have to admit, I stalled out in the beginning of that book because he says you need to begin your journey with the end in mind. That end he refers to is the end of your life and he takes you through an exercise of writing your epitaph. I’m just stumped. Don’t want to do it!
Today I got a new book, One Month to Live, thanks to my bloggy friends Dawn and Amy. The title alone grabs my attention as I want to live beyond myself, rippling here and there. Being an on-purpose person.
This weekend I hope to be refreshed with enthusiasm and energy to return to “no sloppy living.” I’ll even try that epitaph exercise again!
Here’s to Leap Year, my friends!
What will you do with your extra day?
Take your son to college? Steel away some quiet time? Write your epitaph?
If you are doing something more glamorous, I’d love to hear about it!







2 comments:
Hey Alene,
Thanks for posting on my blog...I found blog via Dawn Wards. Glad you got the book...how is it going?? I haven't really dived in quite yet...whatever am I waiting for...alright alright let me get off here and go read another chapter! Have a great day!
Guess what I did???? YES!!!! I updated my blog!!!!!
Post a Comment