It’s a mom thing too! You’ve got to check this ministry out and attend next year if you live close by. I was blown away by the enthusiasm of the staff and workers. The moms and daughters were awesome, too. Not to mention, Jackie Kendall and Kristy Starling! WOW!
It has been confirmed – communication (or lack thereof) between moms and teens is a daily challenge. I led one of the breakout sessions at IAGT titled, “The Secret – Do the Wash then Communicate”. Not knowing what to expect, I was blown away.
Moms piled in the room. We had moms sitting everywhere; on tables, in the floor, and on desks. It was a glorious hour we had together. We talked about letting go of our own past so that it doesn’t influence the way we relate and communicate with our own children. Moms shared, asked questions, and I believe found comfort in each other.
The longing these moms had to have great relationships with their children was incredible. I wish I did have the “secret fix” for many moms there. I wish when they went home miracles happened and all was perfect on the home front, but we know that’s not the case.
However, God strengthened us today and reassured us we are not alone on this journey. I am so blessed by my family relationships and the relationships I have with my children. It’s been hard work, but so worth ever tear shed.
I was totally blessed today!
BTW – daily communication with God is the secret.
Let Him cleanse you, heal you, and refresh you.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment