We surprised Blake for his 18th birthday and took him to the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert. He was in awe!
It was a night to remember. Blue Oyster Colt opened up and as they played songs my hubby and I remembered we began to sing along. Lindsey leaned over and said, “Mom, this is an old person concert.” Looking around, I had to laugh. She was right. However, Blake could have cared less.
When Lynyrd Skynyrd took the stage everyone went wild. Blake could hardly stand it. He made his way up to the stage and got a picture. As the concert rolled on we were all waiting for – well, I’m sure you can guess – Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird. Finally, the last song they cranked it up and bolted out with Sweet Home Alabama. Can you say memories?
The look on Blake’s face was so worth going to the “old person concert.” Lindsey was happy, she finally recognized a song. After a five minute encore chant of “Freebird, Freebird” Lynyrd took the stage again. There couldn’t have been a better way to end the evening. Funny how hubby and I listened to Lynyrd when we were 18 and here Blake at 18 was so thrilled by seeing him in person. It was on his life’s list of to do’s; see Lynyrd.
Blake’s ring tone on my phone has been Sweet Home Alabama for awhile. I put it there because it reminds me of Blake on his guitar. But now I have a new visual when my phone rings, one of Blake grinning from ear to ear, clapping along, enthralled by the musical talent of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer – Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Can you believe my son is 18? I am old.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
BEST BIRTHDAY OF MY LIFE!!!!
-Blake
You guys crack me up! Happy Birthday Blake!
Post a Comment