This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, March 17, 2008

America's Prom Queen

I have to admit when my daughter asked if I’d watch America’s Prom Queen (APQ) with her, I didn’t want to. I’m tired of all the reality and elimination shows. However, I wanted time with Little One so we watched.

Did you? I was surprised. It was nice to see The Princess Project partner with APQ. The Princess Project provides dresses for girls in need, which promotes self-respect and a positive body image. The 10 APQ contestants were partnered with 10 girls from an area high school and they had to help them get ready for the prom.

OK – before you gag, there were some great lessons in this program.

- Each girl was given a tiara – we wear a heavenly tiara daily because we are daughters of the King.
- Each girl was judged on her personality and spirit – shouldn’t we watch our personalities and spirits daily as women who wear heavenly tiaras.
- The judges looked at the approachableness of each contestant – those too “fake” weren’t applauded, neither were those who were self-centered.
- The judges looked for those who helped their partner look good and confident – we should all lend a helping hand and not leave our friends behind.
- One girl had to be eliminated – we will never be eliminated, nor have our tiara taken away.
- The girl was dismissed because she wasn’t sold out – we should walk daily with our heads held high, smile on our face, totally sold out to this life in Christ because He has given us an eternal crown.

Tune in next week, who knows what we can learn.

One things for certain – our eternal crowns will never tarnish!



3 comments:

Anonymous

SEE!

i know the good shows to watch!
the ones with LESSONS!

haha.
love you!
xoxo
Linds

Dawn Ward

Great post, Alene! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Dawn

Nadine

Isn't it great when we find good life lessons in the most unexpected places.

Post a Comment