Don’t you love those moments when you plan, plan, and plan for something and then you finally have the opportunity to see the finished product? You stand there amazed as the end piece is more than you could have asked or imaged.
I had such an experience last night. We were rehearsing for our Easter service, Jesus in Real Life. I was fortunate enough to be on the planning team and we had spent many hours planning, praying and visualizing. God came through BIG time. Actors, actresses, band, stage hands, directors and sound guys were all on.
After the service someone came up and said how awesome it was to see “real life” on stage. They loved that we were addressing what we face in the world today. I took that as a blessed confirmation that the meaning and purpose of the service came across. Jesus in real life. Yes!
Shouldn’t that be what we are about every time our church doors open? Shouldn’t we address and talk about what we face day in and day out? Can't we talk about the struggles of living in this world, not just the struggles of reading our Bibles everyday? Shouldn’t we get real and be authentic every Sunday? Actually, every day of our life for that matter? Shouldn't we show that the church is real and alive?
Being real is being approachable. If a stranger walks in our church doors or meets me on the street I want to be real. I want them to know I struggle with the same things they do. How can I not? I live in the same world as they do.
I had such an experience last night. We were rehearsing for our Easter service, Jesus in Real Life. I was fortunate enough to be on the planning team and we had spent many hours planning, praying and visualizing. God came through BIG time. Actors, actresses, band, stage hands, directors and sound guys were all on.After the service someone came up and said how awesome it was to see “real life” on stage. They loved that we were addressing what we face in the world today. I took that as a blessed confirmation that the meaning and purpose of the service came across. Jesus in real life. Yes!
Shouldn’t that be what we are about every time our church doors open? Shouldn’t we address and talk about what we face day in and day out? Can't we talk about the struggles of living in this world, not just the struggles of reading our Bibles everyday? Shouldn’t we get real and be authentic every Sunday? Actually, every day of our life for that matter? Shouldn't we show that the church is real and alive?
Being real is being approachable. If a stranger walks in our church doors or meets me on the street I want to be real. I want them to know I struggle with the same things they do. How can I not? I live in the same world as they do.
Lord, help me become real and authentic. Bring those that need to see this service this weekend. Thank you for touching my heart last night. Thank you for services like this where we can get real, get honest, and get Jesus! Amen.
If you are in Corpus Christi come join us at Christ Point Church. You will be touched!
Easter Blessings,








3 comments:
Sounds like a great service. I pray for those too who will be impacted to make it there and Lord let them be touched.
Have a wonderful, Happy Easter with your family.
Hi I am tagging you for a blog game that seemed liked fun -- check out my blog for the rules if you would like to play! I hope to see you joining in.
that sounds like a great church you attend by the way... Corpus isn't too far from me maybe one day I will get to attend a service I will keep it in mind for sure!! :)
Happy Easter
My prayer is that I can be real too. I never want people to look at me and see "too perfect" - I want them to see what Jesus is doing. Good word.
Post a Comment