This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Different Kind of Day

Was yesterday my birthday? It sure seemed like it! However, I checked again this morning and today is my birthday. Yep, April 24th!

Yesterday did seem like my day; from noon on it was one get together after another. My kind of day! Seriously, I could do that everyday. I enjoyed having coffee with friends, birthday cake with my parents, sister and her family, and then birthday with my own family. Yesterday could have been my birthday.

With all the festivities yesterday, this morning I decided to take a “me” day for my “real” birthday. With my birthday money and gift certificates, I got my nails done and even went to Woodhouse Day Spas for an incredible pedicure. I was savoring that “me” time.

But I confess, by this afternoon, I was feeling kind of guilty. As I sat having a Woodhouse pedicure in the most serene, peaceful atmosphere sipping on my hot cinnamon tea I kept thinking of all the items on my to-do list and the people I needed to talk to.

It didn't take me long to realize me-days aren’t near as fun as they use to be. I use to have me-days everyday. My focus was on me constantly, or so it seemed.

I did enjoy my birthday gatherings and time of refreshment today. I loved spending an extra measure of time this morning thanking God for the MANY blessings he has given me throughout my life. It was incredible to count them one-by-one! I was amazed. Thank you Lord for so much!

Thank you for family, friends, health and the gift of another year!

Tomorrow I’ll be back to the calling set before me striving to be all God created me to be.

8 comments:

Nadine

Happy Birthday to you. I pray God continues to bless you in new ways, beyond your imagination this year.

Shonda

Happy Birthday! May the Lord bless you with many more!

Blessings in Christ--

Anonymous

Happy Birthday, Alene!!

Joyfulsister

" Happy Birthday Alene"!!!!
The best is yet to come my sister *U* Hugz Lorie

Dawn Ward

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, my friend! Sorry I missed it yesterday, but it still comes with lots of good wishes now.

Love and Blessings,
Dawn

Leslie

Happy Birthday Cousin!!!!

connie

Happy Birthday a few days late, i'm glad to hear you had a great day...
Connie
GBU

Amico Dio

Happy late birthday, Alene!!!

Post a Comment