This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, April 7, 2008

Makeover Monday's

Have you ever had someone just show up at your house before the crack of dawn? Well, I have. I am sure I terrified the visitor as I was such a sight. Seriously, I looked a fright. No eyes, ruddy complexion, and bags from not enough sleep. Yep, I’m sure they were wishing they had called ahead.

Growing up I remember my grandmother had two rules of thumb: 1. As soon as you get up in the morning, make your bed. 2. As soon as you become conscience, get dressed.

There truly are benefits to getting dressed and straightening the room as soon as you get up. But what about my favorite things to do; drag myself to my holy of holies (the kitchen table) in my pj’s and visit with God until He wakens my soul. Of course, a pot of coffee by my side surely helps.

Thinking back, do you think my grandmother had a good idea? Maybe I should make myself presentable not only for company, but for God as well. You would feel sorry for God if you saw the way I came to meet with Him sometimes. Hair is a rats nest. PJ's are torn. Breath is definitely not the best. Thankfully though, He takes me however I come. Hallelujah!!

He says, “Come!” He doesn’t care if you’re made up, clean faced and shaven – just come. He doesn’t mind your curlers, frizz, bathrobes or slippers – just come.

What is your favorite way to meet the Lord?

2 comments:

Anonymous

I loved this! I'm always more productive in the day if I "get ready" before the kids are up. But sometimes it's hard.

My most favorite way to meet the Lord is during naptime! While my daughter is napping and my boys are at school, I open all the shades in the kitchen/living room so all the sun is beaming in. Then I sit at the table with my Bible and study materials and begin with praying. I love that time.

Shonda

Arlene,
I get up early in the morning to meet with Him. I wash my face, brush my teeth and comb my hair first but just because I can't stand to feel it myself. Then in my PJ's I make a cup of coffee and meet HIM in the living room. Mornings work best for me as there is no other quiet time in the house.

Blessings in Christ--

Post a Comment