Living here on the coast is a treat. For me, lazy days relaxing at the beach and pool top my list of all time most relaxing things to do. Add friends to that and it is a taste of heaven.
As we begin to enjoy the summer season, please remember your sunscreen. Look for moisturizers and foundations with the added SPF. Take all precautions to protect your skin.
I spent years lifeguarding, literally frying my skin. Remember those days? I’d go out for 8-10 hours in the sun and use baby oil to bake in. Thankfully, we know so much more now about how the sun damages our skin and is harmful to our body.
As you’re basking in the sun this summer and applying sunscreen of SPF 15 or above, ask yourself how are you protecting your spiritual body?
Just as the sun can dry out and damage our skin, worldly influences can harm our spiritual bodies. Take precautions and moisturize your spiritual self with God’s word daily.
Moisturize daily in God's anointed word and be amazed at the sunshine in your soul.







9 comments:
Amen, sister, amen!
I love that last line! Moisturize daily in God's anointed word and be amazed at the sunshine in your soul.
What great imagery! You have a real gift, my friend!
I hope you had a blessed Mother's Day. Thank you for your kind comment on my post from yesterday.
Much love,
Dawn
Alene,
I love the way used you conected putting on sunsreen and sun bathing to Gods anointing... Thank you for the imagery...
I hope your Mothers Day was a great one...
Connie
GBU
I once got burned so badly (baby oil first hot day in spring) that I really hurt my skin . . . 2nd degree burns! I'm all about sunblock now! I'm glad to know about your blog!
Well said!
I love the last line in your post - great tie in to the post.
Good advice. It's already hitting over 100 every day over here.
Blessings in Christ--
You have been Tagged go check it out on my blog...
Post a Comment