Blake and his friends met at IHOP before they led worship at BURN 24/7. Blake got food poisoning and had a rotten night. He was able to lead worship and his friends cared for him. He and his friends truly try to live out their Christian walk day-in and day-out before others.
Courtney, our oldest, was in town and her best friends from high school were here too. They hung out at the house all weekend. It was just like old times. I loved it. It was just as if no time had passed. We laughed, we giggled and we made plans for future meetings. This group of three girls has been there for each other through thick and thin. Distance didn’t matter as they went off to college; if one called they were there.
It has been amazing watching the kids grow-up. They have made phenomenal choices for friends. Even our youngest at fourteen has made wise choices chosing her friends. Each of our children have chosen friends to hold them accountable in their Christian walk. This mom has been most amazed and incredibly proud.
They have absolutely modeled and exemplified
Ecclesiastes 4:10, “If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!”
My eyes were opened to true friendship. Who are those that will be there for me when I need a friend? Who will be there to pick me up when I stumble? Or better yet confront me before I waiver?
Who will be there for you? Who has your back? Who can you count on through thick and thin?
Lord, thank you for the amazing people you put in our paths. I continue to be amazed at how blessed I am. Let me be a blessing to others.







5 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog. Andrea is our one and only and it is so fabulous to see what a beautiful young lady God has turned her into . It is also sad... I don't mean this in a bad way. It will be rough in August when she moves to University of Alabama for college. I know this is what we have looked forward to and now that it is fastly approaching I wish time would slow down. We are closing the high school chapter and opening the next chapter of her life. Sorry, this is long ....I am just emotional today.
Have a great week!
Congrats on your son's graduation!
Alene,
I love the way God uses others to bring us closer to him... He is bringing your kids closer becuase of your witness and then in return they are doing it for you... I agree I want to be there for others and I want to be there blessing... thank you for sharing...
Connie
GBU
What wonderful kids you have who are blessed to have surrounded themselves with good friends. There is nothing in life like a friend.
what a blessing it is to know the choices your children are making bring joy to a Mother's heart. I know that is our prayer for our children also. Thanks for sharing
Hugz Lorie
You are so right.....it's amazing how blessed we are when we have friends....especially when these friends are faithful Christians. That means we will be "forever friends" as we spend eternity together with our Lord!
God bless you!
Marilyn in MS
Post a Comment