This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, June 2, 2008

Makeover Monday's

Have you ever had one of those moments where the minute something leaves your mouth you WISH you could take it back? It wasn’t supposed to come out the way it did – cutting and hurtful.

You can take back a lot of things, but unfortunately your words are not one of them. The minute they leave your lips they are either building up or tearing down others.

I had a couple of instances this weekend where words came out wrong. Oh, IF ONLY I could take them back. Of course, that’s impossible so what do I do now?

Today, I will focus on my heart. For out of my heart came those words. This week I’ll spend some time readjusting my heart and focusing on my lips.

Think about your words. Do they help, hinder, or hurt? If so, maybe you need a heart examination like me.

Or maybe your words encourage, uplift and inspire? Then be intentional in blessing and praising others.

It’s such a short distance from your heart to your lips, but that distance leaves such an incredible impact on others.

Lord, readjust my heart. Fill my lips with praise and encouragement.

I could use some Pink Praise lip color. Anyone want to invent that?


4 comments:

Leslie

Girl.... I am always "opening mouth and inserting foot." Thank you for the reminder of self examination! Boy do I need to do that! If it makes you feel any better, you didn't say anything to me this weekend that hurt my feelings! your AMAZING!

Anonymous

This reminded me of another post I read not too long ago comparing gossip and hurtful words to Terro ant poison. The ants take the poison back to the nest and it just spreads and spreads, just like our words can poison others.

Thanks so much for this reminder, Alene!

Joyfulsister

LOL when you get that lipstick pass it on girlfriend!! Hugz lorie

connie

this is something I have to work at all the time, I have a very sharp tounge if I am not careful... Thank you for the remeinder...
Connie
GBU

Post a Comment