If you have visited this blog very often then you know one of my favorite prayers is "Lord, give me CLARITY!" My friends all joke, "Alene wants us to pray that C word again for her." As the message began that morning I was most intrigued because it was about vision, which is what I felt like I was lacking at the time. Ugh!
I was taking notes feverishly hoping that something would click and I could move on down the road toward my goals and then I heard the words from the Pastor "maybe you are being rerouted or on a detour." That word rerouted kept playing through my mind. Was a reroute taking you to a different place? Was there a difference between a reroute and a detour? I didn't feel like I was on a detour - I've done that before and that is excruciatingly painful! So, what was this thing about REROUTE?Finally that night I got the trusty old dictionary out and was amazed at the definitions.
Reroute:
1. to route or direct (traffic, a road, a river, etc.) in a different direction
2. to change the direction of (a project, funds, etc.)
Detour:
1. A roundabout way or course, especially a road used temporarily instead of a main route.
2. A deviation from a direct course of action.
3. To go or cause to go by a roundabout way.
Through the definition of those two words I got the clarity I was looking for -- God was rerouting me! It's no wonder my goals weren't falling into place, He was sending me in a different direction. If he had only been as audible as my GPS, I could have heard Him saying "Recalculating. Recalculating."
While I am still recalibrating and recalculating, I am enjoying the reroute! God is so good.
If you are frustrated in your travels with God, ask yourself if you are being rerouted or are you on a detour? Either way, it's time to recalculate.








2 comments:
girl you speak my language. Especially with the whole reroute and detour. Coming from a pilots wife I know all about those two words. Honesty I'm in a reroute as we speak. Thanks for the encouraging words. I will have to go online and listen to Pastor B's sermon.
Tiffany - yep us pilot's wives can sure relate. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Post a Comment