Are you a mom of teenagers? If so, then I'm sure the name Hannah Montana rings a bell. She is better known as Mylie Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter. I remember Billy's song "Achy Breaky Heart". When the kids were little that was one of their favorite songs to dance around too.
I have to admit, I love watching Hannah Montana with Lindsey. What I don't want to admit is that I came to a point of almost weeping hysterically as I watched a couple of weeks back. Scene: Hannah is growing up and trying to make decisions about her career on her own, but Dad doesn't agree with these decisions mainly because he doesn't want her to leave. And then Billy starts singing this song: Ready Set Don't Go! It's linked, I hope you listen. It was all over for me at that point. BOO HOO You gotta listen - It's an incredible song. It sums up exactly how I feel as Blake gets ready to go.
Yep - he's getting ready! We visited UTSA last week. Blake is sold. He loved the campus and has three great friends going there too. He was so bright-eyed as we walked around - I was so teary eyed.
His first 17 years have just flown by. And to top it off, his senior year is flying by as well. Already we've got; cap and gown pictures, class rankings, three college classes, grad night meetings and college applications. Whoa, slow down!
Guess it's not cool for a mom to holler Don't Go! to her son whose learning how to be a man.
Hope it's cool to cry.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment