This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hyped up on Caffeine and Life

URGH! I can’t sleep. I had been caffeine free for three weeks as I’ve been detoxing my body. Well, today I intended to take a breather from detoxing, but not to the magnitude that I did. A dear friend – Bob – brought me a large Starbucks coffee to church this morning. Of course, the polite thing to do was to gulp the whole thing down, right? Hey, it was Starbucks and it was goooood! Then another sweet friend gave me some chocolate covered coffee beans to put out on my ministry table at our Expo and, of course, I had to try a handful myself. I was pretty hyped up by noon, but NO I wasn’t done. That sweet friend – Kristen – came over this afternoon and we managed to drink a pot of coffee between us as we visited. Now for some strange reason my mind just won’t stop tonight, ya think?

I do have to say, it has been an incredible weekend. It amazes me how God continues to work and how visible He is at times. Our ministry Expo was totally awesome, even if I was looking through rose-colored glasses. It was a total joy to see so many people excited about serving our risen King! What a privilege to serve as a ministry leader and help plug others in. As I looked around the worship center this morning at the different ministry tables set up – it was such a cool reminder of how uniquely God has made each one of us with different gifts, talents, and passions.

I know I’m hyped on caffeine right now; however, there is definitely no better high than when you are in your element using your God-given passions to reach others for Him. Cool beans!

Cool coffee beans!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment