Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys. America’s Team. Big Blue. WOW! Are the Cowboy’s on a roll or what? Of course, if you are not a football fan or even a Cowboy fan (sacrilege, I might add if you are a Texan) you probably don’t know nor care. But the boy’s are undefeated. It has been awesome to see Tony Romo come back and rectify himself after his big blunder last year in their playoff game. But as I watched these guys last night, I was reminded of my own life. You really can learn a lot from the sport! I wondered whether Tony worked out double time to conquer himself and get better at his sport. I’ve had blunders, hallelujah – they weren’t on national TV, and it is so easy to high-tail-it and run for cover instead of persisting, being diligent and getting better. He has certainly demonstrated he was determined to get better. Then Tony threw a beautiful pass in the in zone and guess what? The receiver dropped it – I mean, just dropped it, no one around – no one to blame but himself. I thought Come On, but was immediately drawn to think about my own life. How many times have opportunities been thrown my way, many put right in my hands, and I fail to grab a hold of them? I can honestly say, there have been many I haven’t even stepped out to try to grab. I can hear my Coach sighing, Come On!In my life, I know God puts opportunities there daily. Many days they are easy to ignore, many days I reach out to grab but miss by lack of follow through, and some days I grab hold and end up with a big blunder. As I continue to cheer these guys on this year, I’ll continue to think of my own game. I’ll be more mindful of daily opportunities in front of me and hang on a little harder; run a little faster. After all, don’t we run this race to WIN! The Cowboy’s might be America’s Team, but we are all God’s Team and I’m sure He expects us to win. He lives in us to help us do just that! He has many cheering for us!
Go, Fight the good fight, and Win!!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment