We have our women’s conference coming up this Saturday. I can’t wait. Check it out here. If you are in the Corpus area, come join us. Our theme is “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – I Can’t Afford to Go to the Mall.” We will be talking about how the world, TV, magazines, and even other people influence how we feel about ourselves.
As I was searching the web for some information and statistics related to women’s perceptions of themselves, I was led to a site that has totally got me perplexed.
By their standards it’s official – I’m OL!
This great site had a lot of information about fashion, style and make-up. However, as I read I began to feel a wave of depression come over me. The site said “If you wear foundation, don’t. That’s so old lady. OL.” “Never wear powder, this is out and definitely OL.” “If you don’t wear brown shades of eye shadow; you’re OL. If you don’t do your eye brows a certain way; you’re OL. If your eyeliner looks like this; you’re OL.” I'm doomed!
I knew the day would come when I’d be OL; I just didn’t think it would be today. tear, tear
All joking aside, the site I found proves the point of our conference. Can we agree it is too easy for the world to influence the way we feel about ourselves?







2 comments:
Alene,
I am so glad you visited my blog today. I am glad I could encourage you. I love the theme to your confernce. I have a message titled "Mirror Mirror on the Wall". I will pray for your conference.
I am speaking at a conference in Florida this weekend too.
Keep up the great work.
Be blessed,
Charlene
Alene,
It sounds like a great conference. It must be THE theme this year. Ours is titled the What Not to Wear based on a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker.
I love Mirror Mirror on the Wall, though!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was excited to find you, your wonderful blogs and your new book!
Janel
Post a Comment