This blog has moved. I hope you'll hop over and visit me at the link below.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please if you subscribe in a reader or by email would you mind resubscribing over at PositivelyAlene.com.

This blog will be redirected within the next week. Thank you!


Monday, March 3, 2008

An Awesome Day

Learning to just be me is tough! Goodness sakes, even when I know what works for me, I always want to change things.

This is not good. If you are familiar with the personalities, you will certainly recognize me as the sanguine I am. It’s a frustrating personality!

See, I love gifts from others. I treasure them. For Christmas friends got me journals because they knew I loved to journal. These are special journals and they are inscribed with the friends name, date, etc. But “special” journals just don’t work for me. Friends, I promise I really tried to make them work.

What works for me is wide-ruled brightly colored spirals. I know, so elementary-ish, but it works!

Also, as 2008 rolled around I figured there must be a better way for me to keep track of my calendaring. So, I invented a new system – one large calendar laying flat on my desk. Don’t ask me what I was thinking that day, but after two months – this does not work.

Today, I realized I needed to go back to the fool-proof methods I’d been using for years. I went to Office Depot and first rushed to the calendar department. Oh my – I was so excited to pick out my new refill page for my Franklin Covey planner. My leather planner is beaten-up, but I love getting new refill pages. A breath of fresh air swooped through my being as I picked out a pattern of bright colors.

Then as if that wasn’t enough, I went to the notebook and spiral section where I gazed at all the colorful spirals. I can’t even describe the feeling. Seriously, I had chills. I was in heaven! Picking out new spirals is such a special thing. Please don't go buying me a case of all black spirals as my husband did a couple of years ago. (he had found a really good deal) My journey for a new spiral is something so precious. OK - it's just plain weird, but oh well. . . it's me!

Tomorrow is a new day. I can’t wait! My planner is organized and I get to set down with my Bible studies, devotionals, planner and a NEW SPIRAL! Somebody pinch me. I absolutely can’t wait.

I love the journal gifts, but I can’t wait to crack open that new yellow and pink flowery wide-ruled spiral and begin pouring out my heart in prayer.

It surely was an awesome day!

You can’t beat brightly colored spirals and Franklin planners!


3 comments:

Leslie

I guess it is in the family! I too have a crazy obsession with cool WIDE ruled spirals. I always have... and there is something to be said about a new one with new blank pages! Makes me so excited to write stuff down. Hmmm... I think I'll go buy a new one tomorrow!

Alene

Leslie - You crack me up girl! We are definitely related and you speak my lanquage!!!! May God fill those pages with blessings beyond all you could ask or imagine!

Anonymous

OHHHH - another person like me! I love picking out a new spiral notebook or journal (journal has to be a spiral!). I won't let anyone pick one up for me either. It's a special moment and I know the right one for such a time as this when I see it! hehe

Post a Comment