What do you think of when you think of pep rallies? I think of great times, not only from when I cheered but also from years of my daughter cheering. Pep rallies. How can you not be charged up after a pep rally? They are designed to spur on enthusiasm and zeal in whatever arena the rally is held; football, work, political events, etc. My children even have a big pep rally before a big test at school. It gets them motivated to go and do their very best.I consider Sunday’s a spiritual pep rally. Sunday should be a day of celebration where you come together to motivate one another and to encourage the lost soul walking through the doors of a church for their first time. A spiritual pep rally, wouldn’t that just be awesome if every Sunday was just that? Ah, come on – you know you’d love it.
However, after a pep rally something happens. You don’t just have a pep rally for the sake of having a rally. No, it is to get you fired up about getting in the game and giving it your all.
If Sunday was a spiritual pep rally then you would be motivated and enthused about spending the rest of your week giving life all you had. Getting in the game of life and getting serious about winning. Day in and day out disciplines are what win the game.
So many times though, it is easier to live from spiritual pep rally to spiritual pep rally and never attempt to get in the game. Never attempt to train daily. Never attempt to walk daily with the Lord. You just wait for another pep rally.
Nothing is ever really learned just living pep rally to pep rally. Shoot! Because I could so do that. I could live from one enthusiastic moment to the next enthusiastic moment. However, that is not the life God called me to live. It is not a real life, nor would it relate to others.
I love pep rallies, but it’s time to train daily and give life my all.
Time to tackle all those daily disciplines that will help me be all God called me to be.
How about you – could you use a pep rally?
Ready? OK!
Rah Rah Ree – Be All that God called You to Be!







1 comments:
What a great analogy, Alene! I used to love pep rallies when I was in high school. I can still definitely use them in my walk with Christ!
Post a Comment