I called a friend Monday morning. I told her I was tired, toast, dry, parched and numb. You get the picture? I asked her if she could just tell me the next thing to do. I was too tired to think on my own.
She had no problem telling me what to do. She said you need three days rest! WOW – three days, I’m not even sick. I decided to heed her advice. I’ve rested for three days. Not the kind of rest where I'd camp out on the couch, but the kind where I lingered in my prayer time, read more of God’s word, and lazily finished up some articles I needed to submit. I haven’t been hurried or rushed. I’ve enjoyed each moment.
I’m so thankful my friend knew exactly what this girl needed. Three days rest. Today is the third day and I feel rested. Oh my, I feel like a new woman. I’m no longer a dry, parched soul. I’m refreshed, renewed and reenergized.
Why should I be surprised? Why didn’t I recognize that I just needed rest? I worship the Lord of the Sabbath – the Lord of Rest. Doesn’t He say, “Come to me all who are weary and I will give you REST?”
You have permission to rest, my friend. Take three days if needed, but REST.







3 comments:
What a great reminder about the importance of rest. I'm glad you're better now.
I need rest now. LOL Thanks for visiting my blog. Can't wait to see your finished bloggy too. I know Amy will do a fantastic job.
love what you had to say on the side of your blog meaning your vs= so try!!marina
Post a Comment