No sloppy living. Claiming those three words for my 2008 motto has been a challenge. My spiritual, emotional and relational life balance has been good; however, my discipline for a healthy lifestyle has been poor. Urgh! Really poor, as in today was the first day I’ve been to the gym.
But I went, yea me! While I was there I listened to a lady talk about small changes. She said instead of making huge drastic changes, just change little things. She challenged us to make a list of ten things we could change right now that would make a difference.
My List of Ten Small Things:
_____Take my vitamins
_____Eat a healthy breakfast
_____Limit my coffee intake
_____No salt, fried foods, sugar, breads, or desserts
_____Eat at least three servings of green, leafy vegetables and two of fruit
_____Do not eat after 6:00 p.m.
_____Schedule tomorrows exercise into my calendar
_____Plan a healthy weekly menu
_____Exercise for at least 30 minutes
_____Drink eight bottles of water
I had to put my list in check-off form. You know how I love those check marks.
Do you have suggestions for small changes that will make positive life-long differences?
Here’s to another healthy day tomorrow.







6 comments:
Hi Alene,
With soo many titles (wife, mother, daughter etc..) I think there is one very important thing missing on your list.
Me time. I know it has kind of a bad ring to it when mentioned like this. But looks like you got a good set of things to get through during the day and positive small changes.
But I would add something like "sit with a cup of tea and read a book without being interrupted for at least an hour" to the list.
I came to your blog from my dear wifes blog (http://jackidyrholm.blogspot.com) and well I am from Denmark and kind of pondered over your name since Alene is the Danish word for being alone. But luckily it seems like you are far from that :-)
Thank you for some good inspiration :-)
--peter
And you should add time to "love on your husband" to your list. I'll help you make sure to get that one "checked off"
Guess Who
Hummm, wonder who left that anonymous comment :)
That is quite a list of goals. I'd be sure to add:
Don't beat self up when you don't complete one of your daily goals!
Great list. For me it's been making the effort to wake up early enough and spend time with God in prayer. It has changed the rest of my day.
I started just walking 30 minutes a day in my nieghborhood after work. My boys take turns with walking with me and it gives me much needed one on one time with them. They seem to be opening up and sharing more with me since I started. You are right about the small changes, if you want it to really stick, start small.
Renee
What a great list! I'll have to see what my kids can come up with for a homeschool lesson :)
Thanks for the idea ;)
M
Post a Comment